News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I need some information. I am working on a project, and I know next-to-nothing about Soviet awards. Since Russia was not included in the countries that had Victory Medals from WW1, did the Communist government issue a medal similar in concept to the German or Austrian Honor Crosses, to Soviet veterans of the war?

Nick, I agree with Paul... I've never heard of them issuing such a medal. The bolcheviks wanted out of the war although they kept stalling in the hope things would end before they'd have to give up territory, etc. When the Germans threatened to renew their attacks in force the bolchies pulled out signing a treaty which basically gave up the farm. But I guess they figured it was only a matter of time before Germany was defeated and it would be a worthless document anyway.

Dan cheers.gif

I do not think that the Soviet Government would want to commemorate a Czarist war. I could be wrong though. I do not remember any WW1 medals awarded by the Soviet Government.

I would second it and when the WW1 ended, Russia was already in the middle of Civil War, there were other awards, other events.

Edited by ph3s