News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Original Boxes for Soviet Awards

I have heared, that these red Order of Glory boxes where used for foreigners.

Maybe just a rumour or misinformation.

Nope. Not just a rumor. :cheers: This particular Glory 3rd was awarded to an American in this very box. His name and rank were typed to a piece of paper that was taped to the top of the lid.

I am going to meeting up with some other American recipients of Soviet awards within the next few weeks and I'll see if they got the same boxes (both received the OGPW 2). I know that most awards to the US Army were presented without boxes - they were actually pinned or screwed into the uniform of the receiving officer/NCO, with no boxes or documentation.

Dave

Dave, as you don?t show the reverse of the Glory on your website and as there is no S/N-entry in the orders book, i wonder, is it numbered at all? Nice piece, btw :cheers:

Gerd:

Thanks for the compliments! I could try to get a pic of the reverse, but I don't want to try to take it off the pad it is mounted on... I'm afraid I'll never get it back on right! It is numbered on the reverse - the next time I pull it down I'll get the number for you.

Tonight I just returned a phone call from a widow of another Glory 3rd recipient this evening who is taking photos of his medal for me. She told me that such and such was "in a little box." I asked her: Can you PLEASE get me a photo of the box??? She was quite surprised I'd want a photo of the box. After all, who wants that, anyway??? :speechless1:

Dave

Thanks, Dave. Don?t pull it out of the box, if its difficult. I just wanted to know, if its numbered at all. What a wonderful example. I hope, i?ll find a Soviet award to a foreigner for my collection too. That would be a nice addition.

I cross my fingers, that you get the other one.

Thanks again

Gerd

Edited by Gerd Becker