News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Original Boxes for Soviet Awards

Reading the latest posts in regard to original boxes, I decided to re-hash a thread that I started on several other boards a while back...

I personally love collecting these and have accumulated a small collection.

This is how they were packaged at the Mint and awarded...

This is the complete Motherhood Order set in the original boxes:

Here's 2 OGPW 2nd class, 1985 issue.

You'll notice 2 different box stamps/stickers. The reason is that the 1st order was manufactured in Riga Jewelry Factory and the 2nd order was manufactured in the Moscow Jewelry Factory.

Now here's my box theme superstar!

This is an original group in their boxes, fully researched and has the ultra rare T1V1 Bravery Medal!!!

IPB Image

Here's one of the pages from the research:

IPB Image

Oh, the Bravery Medal is missing it's original box, I think... It came in a green box and I don't believe it's the box it was issued in...

Guest Rick Research

I think I've seen 3, maybe 4 of the serial numbered Orders boxes in 10 years. :jumping: The medals' boxes? Never. :jumping:

A GREAT bunch to share, thanks! :cheers:

Dave,

Believe it or not but Glory's were issued in regular boxes like I showed.

I had a chance to buy one but the seller just didn't want to part with it ;)

I'm sure these were used in some presentations...

Rusty.

I have heared, that these red Order of Glory boxes where used for foreigners.

Maybe just a rumour or misinformation.

regards

Andreas

Ok, it's early and I'm not feeling quite so frustrated. I've been a "box freak" since I started collecting militaria again a number of years back. A hold-over from my antique toy/train days.... boxed items were simply "better".... the bulk of my early collection from Saxony was heavily influenced by what was available boxed. Cases, boxes, etc. were always (and will always) be of special interest to me. This has been a great thread and I hope everybody realizes just how incredibly rare these little cardboard boxes are. They were probably tossed instantly upon receipt in the field in at least 95% of the cases!

I have heared, that these red Order of Glory boxes where used for foreigners.

Maybe just a rumour or misinformation.

regards

Andreas

I guess, you are right, Andreas. If i am not mistaken, this glory is the one shown on Daves website from an American, ACMM Cecil R. Haycraft, US Navy.

Dave, as you don?t show the reverse of the Glory on your website and as there is no S/N-entry in the orders book, i wonder, is it numbered at all? Nice piece, btw :cheers:

Gerd