News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A small pile of items.

CRBeery

I have been taking a break from collecting as not much has excited me for a while and I went back to other hobbies for a while. Old habits die hard and an antique event came by and I decided to go and hunt it. Over time I have found a few nice things there and a bunch of "stuff". This time was a decent haul in my opinion. I got the documents and coat to the 12th AAC pilot and that put me on a little AAC run. The coat has a nice bullion patch on it but there were no wings. The documents show him to be a fighter pilot that was awarded an air medal and a good conduct medal. I will see what else I can find. The EK1 was a good find for me.

The small items so you don't have to squint.

Long time no hear. Hope you and your family are well. Nice lot of stuff there. The old late 19th/early 20th century photo intrigues me any information about it.

Paul

Paul! Good to hear from you. We are due for another round of beers. Last time was in London so I guess when your over here I will have to catch up with you. The photo is an Austrian wedding photo. I can't read the old German script but there is a name there.

Kevin,

It is to:

5547 PTE.J.HOEPELMAN. CAMB.R.

As you noted it is very nice with just slight wear.

A nice one. The Cambridgeshire Regiment was a Territorial regiment, and only one battalion saw action. Jacob Hoepelman was also entitled to a Victory Medal.

Michael,

Thanks for that. I purchased this from a guy that usually has some militaria but it is typically over priced for me. He had this BWM and one other that was beat pretty badly and was to an ASC man. I left it behind.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for showing some details of the sword. Is either it or the scabbard unit marked? I have one of these myself. Issued pieces are particularly interesting.

Regards,

Chip