News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

New Reichsbahn Visor !

Mike,

Nice visor...these sure are pretty with the red tops. Most people pass these by to get to the combat pieces but I like them all. Can we see some of your other pieces that are hiding in the back?

Fran

Mike, very nice visor. Though I'm more of a Medal collector, I am occasionally intrigued with unique uniforms and visors. They say, "Good things come to those who wait" and that is the case here. Awesome condition and love the color and insignia on this one.

Regards,

Joel

Mike, very nice visor. Though I'm more of a Medal collector, I am occasionally intrigued with unique uniforms and visors. They say, "Good things come to those who wait" and that is the case here. Awesome condition and love the color and insignia on this one.

Regards,

Joel

The years seem to have left the outside alone, the colors and the wings are still almost perfect ...you can see how the sweatband and lining has dried out though but ..not really that bad.

As Fran mentioned , many people overlook RR items and search for combat realated for the collection. I bet if someone does a book on Reichsbahn Uniforms and insignia ..that will change fast , and the prices will rise ! .....again :rolleyes:

Thanks Fran ..My other collection shots are on another thread , here's the link ---

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=3240&hl= :beer:

Thanks Mike!

I had forgotten about that thread/didn't connect it w/you.

I am primarily a visor collector but dabble in other things. I love to see nice pieces displayed well...and you certainly do!

Good luck and happy collecting amigo.

What does the red cover indicate?(engineer?)

Hi Paul ..For some reason I remember these as being used by Terminal/Platform level . You can tell by the common NCO style chin strap that the red top didn't signify a rank position. I have another earlier style red top that never even had a chin strap. Maybe someday Bender will come out with a nice RB ref book . I'll try to post that early style tonight

mike-

the background is as nice as the foreground!!

beautiful visor in wonderful shape.

well done!

joe

Thanks Joe ...the background wasn't exactly planned (sorry about that) my room is kinda small. Sorta gives a 3D effect though

I'd imagine more like a Platform director ..keeping an eye on Trains loading and unloading . If you had a ticket and a problem ..that red top would be easy to spot ...and complain to

" But ..My ticket should be for Metz ..NOT MINSK !! " :speechless1:

Hi Paul ...here's my early one. I've never been able to find another example with this style Eagle and the RB winged pin. Someday I'm sure more info will come to light.

It still has the paper size tag attached ..and never had a chin strap. The liner and sweatband are pretty frail but ..the overall condition is still nice and clean.

you've probably turned several of us into

uniform/headgear collectors singlehandedly..... :P

very nice follow-up, mike!!

joe

Thanks guys ...I think this is the next best thing to having a bunch of collectors over for coffee , being able to share items like this. I'm glad Dan Quale invented the Internet :rolleyes: