News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Persia - Order of the Lion and the Sun

Hi.

Just for the record.

I was selling the star mentioned above. The star was sold for 3500 EUR to a local collector. It is the same star as shown some postings earlier. (by me)

Does anyone sell Lion and sun breast star with older enamel painting, local manufacture? I am interested.

Regards, Mat

Hi.

Just for the record.

I was selling the star mentioned above. The star was sold for 3500 EUR to a local collector. It is the same star as shown some postings earlier. (by me)

Does anyone sell Lion and sun breast star with older enamel painting, local manufacture? I am interested.

Regards, Mat

Hi Mat,

The star you posted earlier in this thread was a different one with purple stones and a different painting of the lion. Did you sell that one as well? The really early Persian Lion and Sun medals rarely come up for sale with the vast majority being the later Saniolmamalek models that are quite abundant.

Markus

I neglected to post the back of the medal. It doesn't appear to have any maker marks. Another mystery maker ( probably Russian). There should have been a law making seller marks and plates manditory so future collectors like myself could be more informed.

:rolleyes::P :cool:

Edited by Markus