News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Another medal to identify.

lambert

Really helps a lot .. but I have no better picture. the seller only has those.

Well he told me that there was no inscriptions on it .. only the 497 number on the reverse.

Still, thanks for the reply to the topic!

Lambert

It's the letters on the ribbon... the A is clear... but not the others.

Could be AOC or AOG or AOE... seems to run from top to bottom and from side to side. I've tried doing searches for same but so far no luck. Will keep trying. But perhaps he can made it out. Again it may be the clue needed to ID this. Also, ask him if the ribbon is purple or blue. That too could make a difference. unsure.gif

Dan cheers.gif

Hello Lambert,

Some time ago ( maybe two years, time goes fast) I put similar medal on this forum to ID. I never got an answer. Hope this time it works. On my ribbin there was a big Z. Mine is number 181.Don't know if it's french? I might be belgian too????

Kind regards,

Jef

Could be AOC or AOG or AOE... seems to run from top to bottom and from side to side. I've tried doing searches for same but so far no luck. Will keep trying. But perhaps he can made it out. Again it may be the clue needed to ID this. Also, ask him if the ribbon is purple or blue. That too could make a difference. unsure.gif

Dan cheers.gif

Also could not identify the letters .. he just showed me this picture .. sure the ribbon is purple ..

Unfortunately, this medal is not appearing in catalogs "official" French WWI.

Lambert beer.gif

Hello Lambert,

Some time ago ( maybe two years, time goes fast) I put similar medal on this forum to ID. I never got an answer. Hope this time it works. On my ribbin there was a big Z. Mine is number 181.Don't know if it's french? I might be belgian too????

Kind regards,

Jef

Hi Jef

Do not know if it's just French, I have only vendor information, which often is not accurate. This is also our question.

His piece is very beautiful !!

cheers.gif

Lambert

I never seen this medal... I'm not really sure it is a french medal...

The cross on the ribbon remember me the one of the (french) ADN medal (ADN : Association du Devoir National : National Duty Association).

I can show you my model :

zfr63.jpg

Maybe a lead...

:cheers:

Edited by pinpon590

Dan cheers.gif

Hi Dan. you're right, the letters are:

--A

AOC

--C

Edited by lambert

I never seen this medal... I'm not really sure it is a french medal...

The cross on the ribbon remember me the one of the (french) ADN medal (ADN : Association du Devoir National : National Duty Association).

I can show you my model :

zfr63.jpg

Maybe a lead...

:cheers:

Thanks Pinpon

Follow the Mystery of Medal ...

Lambert :beer:

Edited by lambert

Hi Dan. you're right, the letters are:

--A

AOC

--C

I just feel as though I've seen this somewhere before... but cannot for the life of me remember. Will keep looking but hoping against hope someone ID's it soon... it's driving me NUTS! beer.gif

Dan cheers.gif