News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Case for an EK II

I can see the picture: hinged rectangle case with LDO logo on the lid, fitted maroon flock interior base, white satin-like interior lid with two red ribbon 'straps' for the ribbon. IMO, it's a heavily aged repro Reddik case.

Scott

This as stated before is a reproduction case, it's probably been aged as such to faulter any black light testing. That test shouldn't always been taken as gospel, but is a indicator perhaps for concern more often than not.

This form of fake has been around for 20 or so years, perhaps even longer it's been suggested to me in the past by a reproduction dealer and maker of such things. You do find it with varying outer coverings (slight variations in the paper applied) from more modern versions being poor and obvious to older ones with more convincing paper covering, in the fact it resembles more those coverings seen to date on various genuine boxes of sorts.

There are numerous genuine counterparts, from Imperial sorts to even TR era of a very similar nature....but this one is totally fake of course. Very commonly encountered in fact.

Kr

Marcus

• 2 months later...