News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Triple Nevskiys for Lt Col Nevskiy

Gents,

A great photo of triple Order of Alexander Nevskiy winner Lt Col Nikolay Leontyevich Nevskiy. He commanded the 818th Artillery Regiment, 223rd Rifle Division. He is one of two known triple Nevskiy winners. Note that he was also awarded the U.S. Army Legion of Merit in the degree of Legionnaire.

Regards,

slava1stclass

Edited by slava1stclass

• 3 weeks later...
    • 6 months later...

I have no idea. Maybe he did not meet the criteria? Maybe the awards were "politically" driven? Perhaps a combo of both? I can tell you that this is one heck of a grouping.

Paul, you might be right with your theory - maybe he hadn't been such an eager communist.

On the tunic of a commander in such position, you usually see 3rd classes of Suvorov and/or Kutuzov. A Newsky is more common for commanders on lower levels.

Maybe - due to the fact, that our commander IS a Nevsky - he personally wanted the Nevskys instead of the Suvorovs or Kutzuovs:

Lt Col Nevsky with 3 orders of Nevsky :love:

Without having all the documents and papers from the military archive you can't really tell, what might have been reason for the series of 3 Nevskys.

All the best

Christian

• 10 years later...