News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

herder badges ...

• Replies 192
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

J 02 Flatback, S/N 1806 (at 7 o'clock).

Weight: 15,60gr

Obverse:

Dolf

PS: Notice that all weights given here are without the screwnuts!

Anyway, amazingly the screwnut of my #4450 is much bigger than all the others, so not sure if it's the right one, even if it was modified it must have been a long time ago as revealed by the matching marks on the reverse!

Dolf,

I was under the impression that the back of the early series is somewhat "textured" where as the 4500 series is very smooth. Can you confirm this.

Jan

PS: "the plot thickens" is a Sherlock Holmes quote that means that things are getting more complicated :cheeky:

Come now, is it possible for anything that has to do with Mongolian awards to get "less complicated"?!

As with all other Mongolian awards, these badges deserve -- and are getting here -- a closer and more focused look that has ever taken place before.

Come now, is it possible for anything that has to do with Mongolian awards to get "less complicated"?!

As with all other Mongolian awards, these badges deserve -- and are getting here -- a closer and more focused look that has ever taken place before.

MORE, MORE, MOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

haynau :D

Dolf,

I was under the impression that the back of the early series is somewhat "textured" where as the 4500 series is very smooth. Can you confirm this.

Jan

Jan,

Oh yes, definetely true!

Even if my scanner has a tendency to darken my pieces (specially the reverses with a bright silver color) I believe that is still possible to see if comparing the pic of the reverse of #4450 posted above with those of #1500 and #1806, right?

PS: "the plot thickens" is a Sherlock Holmes quote that means that things are getting more complicated

Ok, I see, Mr. Holmes :blush:

Dolf

Edited by Dolf

• 1 month later...

Oh . . . GIGANTIC! (Ricky will kvetch!)

That number is 1500!!!!!!!!!!???????????????

"Bizarre" doesn't even cover it!

We have in the database:

Type 1 (Mongol legend, crude construction, mirror reverse); Low = 15/High = 399

Type 2.1.1 (Mongol legend, mirror reverse, serial number at 7 o?clock); Low = 32/High = 4100

Type 2.1.2 (Mongol legend, mirror reverse, serial number at 10 o?clock); Low = 484/High = 496

Type 2.2 (Mongol legend, flat reverse); Low = 4164/High = 4541

Type 3 (Cyrillic legend, unnumbered)

1500????? :rolleyes:

That selfsame badge had been posted here before, but due to great recent complexities in my life it never got entered in my notes. Oops.

It is however, the lowest recorded number for that type. And I envy you it!!

:beer::love::cheers:

Edited by Ed_Haynes

Thanks for the warning!!LOL That's a great group of Best Herder Badges. I see the difference in the enamel.

Doc

I love my flock . . . :blush: . . . am I Welsh??

Edited by Ed_Haynes