News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

herder badges ...

• Replies 192
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...

Interesting. I just got one in (#155) with the same very crude screw back. No mark identifiable, but clearly Mongol-made. No help from the Friendly Northern Neighbor here.

Thanks Ed.

Same screwnut indeed, as for the few others I've seen.

I'll do some research on that mark, whatever it is.

Dolf

Oh . . . nice . . . the J03s are elusive!

:beer:

Yes, hard to decide which one is my favorite as I also like J 02 and J 04 quite a lot.

J 01 is the most rudely made, it has it's own charm of course, but I like more any of the 3 others, probably with J 03 and J 02 as my real favorites on this "Agriculture" series :D

Guys, please check out the screwnuts of your J 01 pieces to see if we find the same or other marks on them.

Thanks,

Dolf

Here's a question. I have seen the J02 mirror-backs (which I believe to be earlier than the flat-back J02s) in both silvered bronze and bronze versions (is the silver coating simply gone?) and with serial numbers at 11-o'clock (Battushig's example. #32) and at 8-o'clock (this specimen, #2949). What is happening here??

Thanks Ed.

Same screwnut indeed, as for the few others I've seen.

I'll do some research on that mark, whatever it is.

Dolf

And my other J01 (#380) shown in post 6 above -- http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=5229&st=5 -- has the same screwnut, but no apparent mark. Will drag it out and re-squint.

Edited by Ed_Haynes