News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Erich Topp's documents and items

Hello folks,

Back in the 1990's I was contacted by the Erich Topp family and asked to help with trying to locate items stolen from Mr. Erich Topp. I had these stolen items listed on my old web-site Beltram's German Militaira. Sadly, none of it was ever found and returned.

The Topp family sent me photographs and Erich Topp himself sent me an autographed photo of himself which was very kind.

Now that Mr. Topp has pased (age 91 on Dec 26, 2005), I would like to share a few of the photos so that we can remember what a great historical figure and person he truly was.

Rest in peace Mr. Topp.

Regards,

Jody

Here is his autographed photo. A favorite in my collection.

Edited by JBeltram

Thanks for posting these pics!!! I am very impressed! It is a sad fact that these veterans are passing away in huge numbers(from all sides). I am glad that you had an opportunity to get to know him!

Did he ever pass any stories on to you?

Thanks for posting these pics!!! I am very impressed! It is a sad fact that these veterans are passing away in huge numbers)from all sides). I am glad that you had an opportunity to get to know him!

Did he ever pass any stories on to you?

Hello,

No not really, I was mainly in contact with him via his son. Michael and I exchanged Christmas cards, e-mails, and letters.

Regards,

Jody

jody-

the circumstances surrounding Herr Topp's awards

has always been a source of distress for me.

thank you for these pictures. i certainly would enjoy

seeing more.

and while i rarely wish ill to others, i DO hope there

is an especially warm, dry place in Hades for the

individual who perpetrated this crime. :angry:

joe

Here is his autographed photo. A favorite in my collection.

Imagine my surprise (and obvious ignorance) when I saw this post yesterday and realised Herr Topp is no longer with us! I immediately corresponded to an author friend of mine who knew Topp to get the bad news - again. What a loss :(

Anyhow here is a small contribution, a very poiniant picture, Topp saying good bye to a friend ...

IPB Image