News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Translation on TR & Bulgarian Medal bar packet

Guest talltom

i can't read all of it but some words stand out to me

front 2nd line rosette

3rd line ek2 39 (iron cross 2nd class 1939 type), ost (ost front medal) , sudeten (sudetenland medal 13 march 1938), bulgaria

4th line ordeu original (something like that)

on the back it says bitte (thanks) and thats about it :jumping: fantastic bar thought its brilliant :love: :love:

That has to be the nicest parade mounted set I’ve seen in a long time!

The bars (parade/ribbon) by themselves would have been just that; a nice set put way by an unknown recipient, found years later and sold on like so many others….but the retailers packet raises the set to a whole new level of interest.

From the storage packet we know the recipient (Erich), his possible area of residence, or station (Stuttgart) and what theatre of operations he served in.

I would love to know if this set originated from the family or was it found in a box in the storage room of ‘Albert Dommer’ – uniform/mützen fabric….If the latter, had he ordered the bar to be ready for his return from the front (and going on the fact that the ribbon bar shows no sign of wear) he failed to return to the “Vatherland” to collect it?

Anyway….nice set, azyeoman. A wonderful piece of military history.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you. It's obvious it was to a man named Erich, but I was wondering if it could be his last name underneath... It's all Greek to me.

The word underneath is "baldmöglichst", which just means ASAP. So no help on a last name.

It basically says "One large rosette", names the medals, then "orders in original enclosed, 4 pieces, for Erich, ASAP". I would guess the name at the bottom (Waiden?) is the clerk who took the order.