News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello Gents,

this is the Feldspange consitend with the Mini Knopflochdekroration

I posted Yesterday.

May be someone can help me to trace the Name.

The Feldspange is around 1900 and I think that he was

an Oberstleutnant. 1914 he must have been reactivated.

I´m sorry that I dont know all right term, please feel free to

to correct me. I want to learn the right terms,' alt='' class='ipsImage' > please help me.

Thank You

Andreas

' alt='' class='ipsImage' >

I would have to agree with Paul, though maybe he could be narrowed down. One more non-Prussian award might have helped.

Based on the combination of bars, I would say he was most likely in Husaren-Regiment Nr. 8 in the Franco-Prussian War. The first five bars fit certain units of the VII.Armeekorps, mainly in the 13.Division, including HR 8. The "AN DER LISAINE" normally went to Badeners. HR 8 doesn't have a campaign credit for the Lisaine, but it was the only unit in the 13.Division which seems to have been close to the area.

A 13.Division affiliation would also fit the last ribbon, as the Westphalian-based division included troops from both Lippe principalities.

I quickly looked at HR 8, but I could not find any matches. Most officers in the 1871 rank list with the EK2 also had a Schaumburg-Lippe Military Merit Medal or a Bavarian Military Merit Order. Of those that did not, none appear in the Deutsche Ordens-Almanach with the combination above. Which could mean (1) he wasn't in HR 8, (2) he was already out of HR 8, (3) he was dead before 1909 and doesn't appear in the DOA.

Regarding VII.AK units:

- HR 8 has all five campaigns/battles

- HR 15, FR 39, IR 55, IR 74 and JB 7 don't have Noisseville

- IR 13, IR 15 and FR 73 don't have Spichern or Noisseville

- IR 53 doesn't have Spichern

- IR 77 and FAR 7 have all five, but were in Langres at the time of the Battle on the Lisaine, on the other side of the Haute-Saône Departement. HR 8 was also in the general area, but as a cavalry unit ranged further east, so it could have reached the Lisaine.

Regards,

Dave

The only thing I can offer is that the 1870 campaign bar combo is rather unusual and does not match up with any of the combinations associated with any of the Army Corps. You might be looking for someone who was a staff or inspectorate officer in 1870/71 to explain the "wandering" campaign bars. There also appears to be a Lippe House Order on the end that might help narrow the field somewhat.

Edited by Beau Newman

Hello Dave,

thank You for the informations, he was alive 1914 - 1918.

He got the Wiederholungsspange and the Kreuz für Kriegshilfe.

Here is his Knopflochdekoration with all decorations.

Wow. That Knopflochdekoration must be 2cm thick/tall with all those ribbons and devices.

• 1 year later...

The only thing I can offer is that the 1870 campaign bar combo is rather unusual and does not match up with any of the combinations associated with any of the Army Corps. You might be looking for someone who was a staff or inspectorate officer in 1870/71 to explain the "wandering" campaign bars. There also appears to be a Lippe House Order on the end that might help narrow the field somewhat.

Hello Gents,

the Lippe House Order was the solution. As I last night phoned with Salomon we talked about this bar and I remembered

that I´ve got a silver goblet with a engraving " Die dankbare Familie Woge ihrem lieben Baumeister Blumenthal "

As Salomon checked the Lippe awardlists he found Geheimer Bau- und Regierungsrath

Blumenthal EK 2 ´70, KDM 70, LWDA 1, RAO 4, Centenarmedaille from DOA 04/05, and

Lippe Detmold Ehrenkreuz 3. Class, born 12.01.1846

We think this is the right guy. May be someone out there has further informations

where he got his EK ´70. RAO 3 mit Schleife and Kronenorden 3. Klasse.

Kind regards

Andreas

Guest Rick Research

Well, all that seems to fit. Carl/Karl Georg Blumenthal was SecLt dR in Inf Rgt 77 when he got his Iron Cross. Retired as Geheimer Baurat, Eisenbahndirektion Stettin 1913/14.

RAO4 18.01.03

KO3 18.01.13

(LDH3 10.06.11)

could well have gotten RAO3S during the war--somebody needs to check the Prussian civil gazette.

Please post the large ribbon bar again. Clicking the old ones up above all I get is a spinning ircle and no larger scan.

Edited by Rick Research

Well, all that seems to fit. Carl/Karl Georg Blumenthal was SecLt dR in Inf Rgt 77 when he got his Iron Cross. Retired as Geheimer Baurat, Eisenbahndirektion Stettin 1913/14.

RAO4 18.01.03

KO3 18.01.13

(LDH3 10.06.11)

could well have gotten RAO3S during the war--somebody needs to check the Prussian civil gazette.

Please post the large ribbon bar again. Clicking the old ones up above all I get is a spinning ircle and no larger scan.

Certainly and thanks for the further informations :)

Greetings

Andreas