News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Strange Order of the Red Banner?

I don't think that it's that simple to sell a piece like that.

Here comes my advise.

Put this one on evilBay with reserved price (let's say equal to the price that Vic paid back in 2006).

Then wait...

e33c6fcd9cc0df25cef6148d93d3f6b5.gif

• Replies 59
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I misread your phrase "Got this one years ago by a lucky chance".

No problem. I think it was something like '99 or maybe a few years later. A good friend of mine was selling antiques in Vienna. He gave me a call and told me about this particular order, that he got it from a slovenian guy who really needed some money. I flew to take a closer look and didn't get it, I was not a novice collector, but I didn't really distinguished good from bad, so we went to a jeweler I know for an advice on this piece and he told us that this thing should be at least 50 years old. I don't remember the exact sum I paid for this one, but it was definitely not an arm and a leg. I knew that it was something rare, but didn't know where to look, until I found an article on sobiratel.net and I was so surprised to see the same order that was in my collection. It changed a lot of hands during the years and as far as I know the very first confirmed owner lived in Paris. Sometimes the history of ownership is much more interesting than the history of order itself.

I will have a look and see if I can dig out of my records to see how much I paid for it but I did buy it with a early Order of a red banner of labour as shown earlier in this thread :o I think I would be to scared to sell it just in case!

Mogul, that was a good point you made you earlier about getting the age tested at a jewellers, I will have a look into that and see how easy it would be to do :unsure:

Vic

I will have a look and see if I can dig out of my records to see how much I paid for it but I did buy it with a early Order of a red banner of labour as shown earlier in this thread :o I think I would be to scared to sell it just in case!

Mogul, that was a good point you made you earlier about getting the age tested at a jewellers, I will have a look into that and see how easy it would be to do :unsure:

Vic

It's not as hard as you might think. You need to find a guy that knows a lot about silver, because most of these cats know a lot about gold, but they leave silver to Tiffany.

I don't remember the exact sum I paid for this one, but it was definitely not an arm and a leg.

I will have a look and see if I can dig out of my records to see how much I paid for it

Well chaps that's very weird ...

You bought quasi rare orders...

Your orders are very much alike...

And you both don't remember the price...

1ad9944db1335eb023bf49ad75b9ae67.gif

... but I did buy it with a early Order of a red banner of labour ...

Sorry Vic, but I believe this is one 100% fake "triangle" ...

Otherwise you have unique variation with very unusual МОНДВОР.

Not to mentioned others "uncommonness"...

Edited by JapanX

Well chaps that's very weird ...

You bought quasi rare orders...

Your orders are very much alike...

And you both don't remember the price...

1ad9944db1335eb023bf49ad75b9ae67.gif

My salary covers it up for my bad memory, but I can tell you that it was more than 3 grand.

Sorry Vic, but I believe this is one 100% fake "triangle" ...

Otherwise you have unique variation with very unusual МОНДВОР.

Not to mentioned others "uncommonness"...

In case you have any doubts about triangle Vic, please go to this page

http://mondvor.narod.ru/ORbnLab.html

and see for yourself ...

Cheers,

Nick

Greetings,

As this is my first first post please let me introduce my self, Iam Soviet Medal collector form the North West of England. I own a colection of over 68 medal and orders, 12 of the pieces are currently in the Lancahsire museum as part of a WWII exabition.

During my time collecting Soviet Medals I have aquired some odd medals. One of these appears to be a very early order of the Red Banner of Red Banner of Labour see attached pic.

If any one has any information on this Order please let me know.

Order Of Victory

Vic, can you make a few more detailed pictures of your order? Scans would be awesome!