News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unidentified WW2 Luftwaffe Signatures

• Replies 115
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having a problem identifying this signature for the Staffelkapitän of 5./JG-52.

In Prien's Jagdfliegerverbände series the Staka for this period is listed as Oberleutnant August-Wilhelm Schumann (followed by Oberleutnant Siegfried Simsch from September 1941) but I can not see 'Schumann' in that signature.

I'm having a problem identifying this signature for the Staffelkapitän of 5./JG-52.

In Prien's Jagdfliegerverbände series the Staka for this period is listed as Oberleutnant August-Wilhelm Schumann (followed by Oberleutnant Siegfried Simsch from September 1941) but I can not see 'Schumann' in that signature.

attachicon.gifBRAUER 015.jpg

Hello Kevin.

I can see "Schumann", the Sch seems quite condensed to a flourish.

Bernhard H. Holst

• 1 month later...

Can anyone identify who this signature belongs to please? It is a Major and the Kdr of III/Flak-Rgt 36 in early 1939. Larry & Doug's LW Officer Career Lists has a Hans Strüven. I did a full search in the lists and that was the only name that I could find with that rank & unit for that date but would like confirmation if possible.

• 2 months later...
    • 3 months later...
    • 2 months later...

Is it maybe the signature of the commandant Fliegerhorst Stendal (http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Gliederungen/EinrichtungenLuftwaffe/Fliegerhorste/WK3.htm) or other well-known Luftwaffe officer in the future?

I don't think so. The header mentions that the letter is from the administration department of Fliegerhorst Stendal so I think it is just an admin official.

• 6 months later...

Can't make the Feldpost Number out in its entirety but the airman served in 2. & 3./KG 40 at around this time.

post-5995-0-36496200-1361483189.jpg

Hauptmann Robert Maly (DKiG & EP)

From Doug Stankey & Larry de Zang's Luftwaffe Officer Career Summaries:

MALY, Robert. (DOB: 02.04.14 in Perleberg). (DKG). 08.12.41 Lt., awarded the Ehrenpokal.
    01.01.43 Hptm., Staka 3./KG 40. 01.05.43 in KG 40. 24.06.43 Oblt., awarded DKG, I./KG 40. 01.01.44 promo to Hptm. 23.10.44 Hptm. in 2./JG 102. 1945 Hptm. in KG (J) 30.

Regards Richard.

real long shot this time......

Can anyone identify the signature of this Oberst from the Oberkommando der Luftwaffe, department Az.29 Chef f.Ausz. u. Diszpl. (IV E) on 24-09-1944.

Regards Richard.

36.jpg

Edited by stgeorge64

3 examples of an as yet unidentified signature of an Oberleutnant und Stabsschwarmfuhrer III./Kampfgeschwader 30.

The time frame in which the original subject of the Wehrpass served in the Stabsschwarmfuhrer III./Kampfgeschwader 30 was 23-02-1944 - 17-06-1944.

Any ideas?

Regards Richard.

Unknown 1.jpeg

Unknown 2.jpeg

Unknown 3.jpeg

Edited by stgeorge64