News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 2 weeks later...

Dear forumites,

I wanted to started a separate thread (topic), but despite the fact that I have chosen a Topic Tags (Bavaria) it keeps asking that "You ust select a topic prefix to post in this forum"... I think I am loosing it! :angry: It's because I have a mac (apple) computer? well enough said...

Here I'd like to show my newest acquisition (cross on the left): a Militärverdienstorden 4. Klasse mit Krone und Schwertern marked J.L. for Jakob Leser on the back of the swords.

I couldn't view it personally, since it has arrived to my brother, but my brother says, that, although on the picture might look good, especially the nice translucent, brighter deep Blue enamel, typical of Leser. The finish however of the enamel however looks very sloppy. Especially on the edge, where the enamel touches the silver edge, you can see what I want to say, if you compare it with the BMO4xKr on the right. My brother also says, and here you cannot see from the pictures, because it's only bi-dimentional and not tri-dimentional, the enamel is not on the same level with the outer silver edge, but a bit stepped lower.

Now for my brother is sure that this JL is an original, but the enamel was restored in a later date, probably recently.

What do you think? I'd really appreciate your most educated comments! ;)

Thanks in advance for your valuable inputs.

ciao,

On the reserve you can see that on 1 o'clock where the flames is, you can see that a bit of enamel color went on it... quite a sloppy work for a pre-1918 jeweller, don't you think? Furthermore the enamal seems very "flat" on the left, contrary on the right it's seems almost convex (don't how to say it)...