News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Goerings Reichforstmeister's collar tabs

I have picked up a CD which has the complete set of issues of a magazine/paper callled "Uniformen-Markt" which was put out by the German uniform industry from 1934 to 1945. While perusing thru it I came upon this article in the 1938 issue 15. I apologize about the crappy translation as my German at this time is not very good, and I rely heavily upon a translater. I have posted a copy of the article below. should anyone care to do a proper translation please feel free.

At present I use "Google Translate". Does anyone know of a better translation service that is more in tune with the nuances of the German language?

Thanks

Larry

Insignia of the Reichforstmeister

The Reichforstmeister carries on the dark green mirror of 3 oak leaves above the other in the corners and a swastika with outgoing rays. Everything is embroidered in gold. This unique badge achieved a very pleasing effect, and its symbolism is quite remarkable. The "UM" had occasion, the test piece of the sampling to be signs for the first time. The design has experienced through the uniform provision an amendment by the rule, as indicated, different from the first sampling, wide oak leaves protruding above the other in the corners.

Designed by Herbert Knötel

Design: Troeltsch & Hanselmann. Berlin

Original drawing for the "UM": Herder

"UM" shrine

Edited by Laurence Strong

I have never seen this ranking before in any books... that is beyond cool. Thank you for sharing this...

anything about blue Admin tabs(or any other colors), various color Sonderfuhrer, and etc?

A quick google reveals that 'Reichsforstmeister' wasn't a military rank. A 'Forstmeister" is an official connected with forests and hunting. Apparently Goering was in overall charge of these services and, naturally, he had to have special insignia to show this.

Interesting & highly useful post!! The "Uniformen-Markt" contains valuable information [including on non-German topics] not readily available elsewhere. For example, Drs. Neubecker and Klietmann contributed much information from 'official sources', including dispatches from German ministries, embassies & consulates, that no longer exists at the point of origin.

Laurence, I see the CD on offer via Amazon, Germany & ask if you know of a cheaper price than 90 euros?

Thanks for that Arthur, however I am not following the drift of your post. I don't recollect stating that it was a Militayr rank.

Indeed you didn't, Laurence, and I didn't mean to give the impression that I was correcting you. I was just trying to place this badge in its context of the forestry and hunting service.