News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

How to research?

Bob

Anybody here with any reliable sources on award numbers linked to awardees?

How did the list with names for the Sukh bator for instance get compiled? Are there institutions in Mongolia that can be contacted to provide info?

Anybody here with any reliable sources on award numbers linked to awardees?

How did the list with names for the Sukh bator for instance get compiled? Are there institutions in Mongolia that can be contacted to provide info?

At present, I think (fear) the answer is "no" to both questions. Some of us hope these may alter "soon". Ask me in the fall.

BUT . . . anything numbered MUST have a roll somewhere. Whether we can access it or not, someone will/may be able to do so, sometime, someday. After all, we are only the custodians of these sparkly things for a few decades . . . .

The Sukhbaatar list was compiled with info from Dr Battushig's book, a book on Soviet Generals and hours of Google-ing.

For the moment the lists reside at the Mongolian President's office, where sofar not even Dr Battushig has been authorized to study them.

Jan

The Sukhbaatar list was compiled with info from Dr Battushig's book, a book on Soviet Generals and hours of Google-ing.

For the moment the lists reside at the Mongolian President's office, where sofar not even Dr Battushig has been authorized to study them.

Jan

Do you have an address (website?) for this office?

Do you have an address (website?) for this office?

No. And I think we need to be very careful here, to approach the holders of the records very slowly so that we get, eventually, the desired response. Any "pushing" from foreigners will often get a response we do not want, especially if those foreigners are "collectors" (collecting something, I might add, that is legally uncollectable!). Leave this, please, in the hands of well-respected and well-known Mongolians like Dr. Battushig. When and if access becomes possible to do (or have done) such research it will not be due to pressure from outsiders.

Edited by Ed_Haynes