News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Striped Tigers and their Marks

JapanX

• Replies 237
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The 3rd Class is signed by President Feng Guozhang. It appears that the Republic followed the Japanese practice of having the First, Second and Third Class documents personally signed by the head of state.

The documents themselves closely copied Japanese award documents with minor differences. The top image features the particular badge / class of the award (in Japanese documents, this image is the chrysanthemum). The bottom image features the lapel rosette (in Japanese awards, this image is the badge of the award).

While the original decrees specified that award documents were to be numbered, this did not occur in practice from what I can tell.

Edited by drclaw

t appears that the Republic followed the Japanese practice of having the First, Second and Third Class documents personally signed by the head of state.

Only these are placed under the seal :)

• 3 months later...

From the Yong Zeng Zi Zao workshop.

It`s interesting by this double punched seal ;)

If this was a stamp it would be worth 10 times the value :D

This is one of the nicer looking Yong zeng tigers. Some of the Yong zeng tigers look downright cartoony.

Like them too!

These serious "don't mess with me" tigers f9905dc98b8848ef87098d989548ed08.gif

P.S.

If this was a stamp it would be worth 10 times the value :D

Let's wait a little bit... I remember the times when collectors of soviets awards bought orders with unusually positioned (or stamped) marks with a premium (sometime quite substantial :whistle:)

• 3 months later...