News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Field Grey Uniforms of the Imperial German Army, 1907-1918

• 3 weeks later...
    • 3 months later...
    • 4 weeks later...

Isn't this the book that was going to come out years ago and was based on Marshall Daut's collection, which Malcolm bought? I know many of the things from Marshall's former collection were sold, but supposedly photos of everything were taken and were going to be included in this book.

Chip

Hello

Malcolm first mentioned to me the possibility of a book in the 90's it was one of the reasons he wouldn't sell me some uniforms he had in his shop basement, what a sight two/three long rows of fieldgrey on hangers and boxes full of head and field accoutrements. I didn't want to be greedy just wanted the most beautiful 07 issue Garde Infantry tunic I'll ever see and a couple of m15's. He brought me down a cup of tea, I didn't want to leave the place was like Aladdin's cave, a fair number were private purchase if I remember correctly. Wasn't some of the gear from Petersen? maybe not.

Regards

Eric

• 1 month later...
    • 1 year later...

With over 200 field gray tunics, Marshall's collection predominantly consisted of private purchase tunics. He had issue ones, to be sure, but only a small fraction, as you would expect. As I recall, he only had one issue M1907 infantry example.

Chip

If I remember correctly from the video he had an issue Prussian 1907 infantry, an issue Wurttemberg infantry, an issue Ulan, and I think I remeber an issue M15. Most of what I remember in the video were officer and also private purchase, even many NCO tunics. In the background were many not showcased. He surely did have many Kratzchen examples.

Regimentals used to have a terrific selection of WW1 German and British uniforms, headgear, and equipment. I guess The are running low until the next large collector sells off his collection.