News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Came across this Medal Bar on offer at a action house, some of the medals I see for the first time, could members tell what they are and the possible value. Left to Right (1) WW1 Austro-Hungarian Veterans Medal (2)Unknown (3)Perhaps Feurwehr (4)Unknown (5)maybe 25yrs Feurwehr service ? (6)WW1 Veterans Organization Medal (7) Unknown. This is the only picture I have any information appreciated

I can't help much with the medals, but the no. 6 veterans medal is on the wrong ribbon (should be a long service decoration), and so is the first medal (austro-hungarian veterans medal), the ribbon looks like it should be that of a King Luwig Cross.

Regards,

Matthew

I can't help much with the medals, but the no. 6 veterans medal is on the wrong ribbon (should be a long service decoration), and so is the first medal (austro-hungarian veterans medal), the ribbon looks like it should be that of a King Luwig Cross.

Regards,

Matthew

I agree with you Matthew.

IMO...AlexH if you bid on this medal bar, try to get it for the value of the medals and medal bar as a sum of the individual parts.

If you win it, you will have to undo some of the medal mismatching but the result should be very pleasing.

Good hunting.

Most of them are Feuerwehr-Ehrenzeichen (fire fighters decorations), check here:

http://www.feuerwehr-orden.de/

1st from the right: wrong medal, Hungary, WWI combattants commemorative medal on ribbon of King Ludwig cross (Bavarian Kingdom): http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/König_Ludwig-Kreuz

2nd from the right: Bavarian Kingdom, fire fighter cross for merit (1901-1918)

3rd from the right: Bavarian Free State (Weimar Era) Fire Fighter Honour Medal for 40 years service (1920-1936)

4th from the right: Bavarian fire fighter association cross , with blue enamal for non-fire fighter honour cross (1925-1936)

5th from the right: Bavarian Free State (Weimar Era), Fire Fighter Honour medal for 25 years service (1920-1936), on the wrong ribbon, here schould be worn the "TIROLER LANDESGEDENKMÜNZE für die Kriegsteilnahme 1914-1918"

6th from the right: wrong Kyffhäuser WWI veterans Association oval medal on wrong ribbon (that is the ribbon of the Bavarian Fire-Fighters medal)

Last from the left: German Fire Fighter Association honour cross, 2nd class (1929-1936), quite rarely seen on medal bars

Quite a typical medal bar for a Bavarian Fire Fighter... but totally messed up with wrong medals or being wrongly replaced.

ciao,

Claudio

Edited by Claudio

Gentlemen,

Many thanks for your posts and links, special thank you to Ciao for his time and information. It would seem to be that I would need to replace the Austro-Hungarian and Kyffhäuser medals in order to bring the bar into correct order. I'm not normally a medal collector ( apart from Third Reich pieces) - have very little interest in them, however now I know what they are, I may take a punt. Again thanks for the help.

Best Wishes

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't get the medal bar stayed in until the bar hit 600 euro. It eventfully cost the buyer 1353 euro. The final price will go higher, if he decides to bring the bar in order.

I didn't get the medal bar stayed in until the bar hit 600 euro. It eventfully cost the buyer 1353 euro. The final price will go higher, if he decides to bring the bar in order.

Wow 1353 Euro !! That a hefty price for this bar , must been someone who just love firefighter bars ? :love: