News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Highest form of EK for Physically Challenged....

Chris,

Here is some initial information which may help others find more. In 1914, he was a Lt. d.L. I assigned to Landw. Bez. Colmar. He was promoted Lt.d.R. d. IR 169 on 18.08.1902. At some point, he transferred to the Landw. I. Aufg.

He was promoted Oberlt. on 08.11.1914 and then to Hptm. on 26.01.1916. It is interesting to note that when he was promoted Hptm. he was assigned to IR 143. This point may be one well suited for more research.

Andy

Chris,

Given the language used, I tend to believe he was suffering from some ailment rather than wounds. Based on the EK citation, he sounds like a very strong leader, and a Landwehr regiment could use a good BC just like any other unit. A transfer after cutting his teeth in IR 143 to "share the wealth" is a good possibility.

Andy

Andy, I think you have the wrong Teichmann. LIR 388 was a Royal Saxon regiment.

Otto Teichmann received the SA3aX as a Hptm.d.L. in LIR 388. He was a Saxon officer. I don't have his initial commissioning date, but he was an OLt.d.L.-Inf., Ldw.Bez. I Leipzig, on 7.12.03 and a Hptm.d.L. on 24.8.10.

The OLt.d.L. Teichmann may be Hugo Teichmann, also a Saxon. He received the Military Order of St. Henry with RIR 106, so he might have had an exploit which made the Reichsarchiv books.

The signature on your EK doc is probably of value too. Heinrich XXX. Prinz Reuß.

Regards,

Dave

Dave,

Thanks for the correction. I guess I should read the entire document next time!!!

At least I found the promotions dates for the Prussian Teichmann for my reserve/Landwehr database!

Andy

Hmmmm... a Heroic bayonet wound would be cooler than bleeding 'Rhoids... but of course, better for Teichmann if it were not the case... ;-)

Perhaps a casualty of a gas attack. The effects were poorly understood at the time, especially the long term effects like diminished lung capacity etc.... Ever notice how gas attack casualties are refered to as victims vice casualty?

• 4 weeks later...