News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Has this any hope for restoration

1. Iron Cross 2nd Class

2. probably a Military Decoration 2nd Class (Militärehrenzeichen 2. Klasse)

3. Saxony: Honor Cross with Swords (Ehrenkreuz mit Schwertern)

4. Saxony: Silver Friedrich August Medal (Silberne Friedrich-August-Medaille)

5. Honor Cross for Combatants

6. Saxony: Service Decoration for NCOs and Men (Dienstauszeichnung für Unteroffiziere und Mannschaften)

7. Southwest Africa Commemorative Medal (Südwestafrika-Denkmünze)

The Saxon long service medal would probably be a 1st class, given colonial and WW1 service.

In my opinion it would be an nice project, and none of the medals are super rare. My main concern would be how to attach them to the medal bar, would you sew them on under the ribbons or simply leave them loose with the ribbon rings tucked under the ribbons?

Regards,

Matthew

In my opinion it would be an nice project, and none of the medals are super rare. My main concern would be how to attach them to the medal bar, would you sew them on under the ribbons or simply leave them loose with the ribbon rings tucked under the ribbons?

Regards,

Matthew

No I would sew them......I have a seamstress who would do it

Hi Karsten, here we are......both I would treat as copys?

Thanks a lot but I need a better scan of the backside so that I can recognize good the individual letters of the lettering, for example.

I hope it is possible.

Why should it be a copy? I´m not a FAM-Expert

Best wishes

Karsten

In my opinion it would be an nice project, and none of the medals are super rare.

Regards,

Matthew

Sorry but that´s wrong. The FAM should be a colonial one and this type is super rare!!!

And when the present piece is not original, it will be very very difficult to replace.
    Best wishes
    Karsten

Sorry but that´s wrong. The FAM should be a colonial one and this type is super rare!!!

And when the present piece is not original, it will be very very difficult to replace.
    Best wishes
    Karsten

I was not aware there was a special FAM for Africa :speechless: . Can you (or anyone else) post a picture of it?

You learn something new everyday in this hobby! :cheers:

Regards,

Matthew

Edited by redeagleorder

Excellent medal bar......any chance of a close up to compare with the 1914 varient ?

indeed nice but....

...this one can not be a colonial type because the FAM was instituted in 1905. The veterans of the Boxer Rebellion were normally awarded with the SAEZx.

The first awards of the FAM were for the Herero-and Hottentotten-Rebellion in German-Southwestafrica (1904-1908).

Best wishes

Karsten