News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello fellas

Here's a very interesting tunic that I myself am in in the process of buying. I haven't spent a lot of time looking at the detail or asking the dealer for detailed images.

If a Rohr Sapper tunic then what a find.

Edited by ccj

All of you STURM BATTALION ROHR fans should have interest in matter. If real, I bet someone here knows who owned it before it make its way to a dealer.

Edited by ccj

The boards are sewn in and the tunic appears to be near mint from the images.

B.A.X.VIII (Army Korps 8) 1918

Late war NCO tress but the NCO button isn't subdued. I'm not sure that's a concern though.

I am really curious, have no idea of the origin, but what worries me would be sewn in boards.

I am not really a Uniform guy, but I learned sewn ON not IN... especially for a unit that wozuld have probably removed them a few times a month.

Depending on the date, maybe the XVIII AK may be a clue.... When were Rohr elements under their command? Why would they be supplying Rohr men?

I agree, the sew-in straps and the non subdued disk would only be acceptable if this was for on leave or similar. Often straps are removed, roled back, inverted, or COVERED. I sometimes wonder how frequently enlisted men took time for a behind the lines tunic. Having said that the rank is for a senior NCO...

If someone knows where the dealer acquired this it could make a difference. He does buy good collections but there's more to it....

Chris's photo

NCO to left may have sewn in straps

Gents

Where is the left lower sleeve embroidered crown on this tunic (March 1917 distinction) if indeed its a 5th Rohr?

Regarding the sewn in or not it would appear to me Junior NCO and up are usually sewn lower ranks tacked but this isn't always the case for enlisted men my 1915 19th Bavarian EM was tacked with slip-on covers yet other unaltered EM tunics have s both particularly with transitional I've also seen M07 tunics with early boards attached where the outer shoulder has been sewn down with original thread.

Agree 100% Chip is The Master

Eric