News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Figures...

Jim Baker

Very nic Mark. What does 28mm scale out to, can't be much more than 1/65 is it? I would like to see the "ancients". Thanks for posting :cheers: This is an old scan I pinched from another forum as I have no photo's available at this time, been working to many hours, everything suffers, modeling was almost non existent this winter unfortunatly. I will try and do some better photo's now that I have a small clue how to use the digital zoom etc. 1/72 scale Polish lancers

Edited by Laurence Strong

Wow, nice stuff guys, one and all. Thanks much for posting, and please keep them coming.

Mark and Larry, I think you guys need to give some pointers on painting these small guys. I have literally armies to do and would appreciate any advise.

My best advice for painting is to hire someone else to do it for you :P Seriously though, like most things it take years to build up any talent doing these. Personaly I think I stink at it compared to others I see. But then I look at some of the figures I painted a few years ago and I realize that I am slowly getting better so I stick with it.

Ancients were asked for and ancients it is. First up is a selection of Vikings.

[attachmentid=28392]

Laurence

You had asked about 28mm scale. The scale works slighly different than with models. The scale is measured in mm from foot to eye level. The problem is that no two manufacturers 28mm are the same. Some are on the large size and rather fat while others claim they are 28mm but only measure in around 25mm. A 25mm figure should equate out to 1/72nd scale. 28mm is closer to 1/54th scale.

Finally some more German Colonial troops and askaris.

[attachmentid=28404]

Why thank you, it was built for 25mm/28mm figures and I was looking for some shots to show the scale but two house moves in betwwen have put paid to that. In terms of ground covered it is pretty big, with the bridge and gatehouse I it must be about two and a half to three feet long and the central tower which is floored must be at least two feet all the sections come apart for deploying troops etc. It is currenlty in the window of a friends model shop.

Stephen

Your castle is fantastic! There are gamers who play Samauri Wars who would kill for it! Especially if it breaks down as you say it does. Do you have any more pictures of it broken down into its sections? You need to add some figures to it soon.

Mark,

Thanks for that-no there are no current image of the the castle as it has lingered in a shop window for some time, but this is welcome news and I will paint up some figures and dust of the old burg and post them. If you know any of these gamers point them my way-thanks again.

Stephen

If you are interested in selling it then I would suggest checking out this website:

www.theminiaturespage.com

It is dedicated to nothing but people who paint mini's and also game. They have a classified section there and you should be able to list it.

As for Sci-fi I should explain about these figures before posting. I grew up in the 60s watching Combat and Outer Limits, with some Twilight Zone and Night Gallery thrown in for good measure. I could never get enough of any of them. To this day it has stuck with me. So while I collect military and paint military figures, I also have some sci-fi too. I wish I could take credit for painting these but I am not that good. These are good examples though of what a really talented artist can do.

[attachmentid=28524]