News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Figures...

Jim Baker

Well, compared to a pic of the real Galland apparently I painted him looking a bit older than he might be, but than again when I painted it I didn't have Internet and all that and only used a pic from a Janes book as a model.

Dolf

Edited by Dolf

Two more.

Dolf

Hallo Dolf, :beer:

Great model, you got the desert "Choclate chip*) camo pattern well done, I always felt though the cap was too small for the head on this figure :unsure:

* it was found to be a great pattern of camo for the Nevada Desert, USA, but totaly unsuitable for the sands of Kuwait & Iraq :P

Kevin in Deva :beer:

Hallo Dolf, :beer:

Great model, you got the desert "Choclate chip*) camo pattern well done,

............................................................................................................................................................

* it was found to be a great pattern of camo for the Nevada Desert, USA, but totaly unsuitable for the sands of Kuwait & Iraq :P

Kevin in Deva :beer:

Dear Kevin,

Thanks for your kind words buddy.

Not being a professional I admit I'm kind of proud of my camo :P This was done maybe some 15 years ago +/-, but I kind of remember it wasn't an easy task and demanded quite a few tests in spare pieces of resina (the material these figures are made of) before I managed to get the effect I pretended.

...I always felt though the cap was too small for the head on this figure :unsure:

Right, you can see that in the real picture of the real Schwarzkopf, as if he used say a M size for a L size head :P

Fortunately the model came with a cap that fits just right on the top of his head :D

Dolf :beer:

Edited by Dolf

Here is a 120mm WW1 german machinegunner by Verlinden. The helmet was reworked into a more accurate shape and the chinstrap, the mg strap, the mg flash reducer, the bayonette troddel, the central bread bag hook, the EK2 ribbon and the mg qualification sleeve insignia were added. The figure was painted to be a member of LGR 109.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I started out with the old 90mm Superior Willie II figure from the 70's and ended up keeping and using only portions of the torso and the helmet. The head was built from scratch, the body enongated and the curaiss was filled in and detailed (including the agiullette).

IPB Image

IPB Image

Something different...

IPB Image

• 4 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...
    • 6 months later...
    • 4 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...