News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Ed,

For me, a won and well worn is a whole lot better than a mint. I really enjoyed hearing that this one was worn until recently.

Am I warped -- don't answer that -- or are those RBs (etc.) that were won and worn more interesting than the numismatically virginal specimens?? Cracked, worn, or even replaced emamel means "service"?

Guest Rick Research

DEFINITELY research! There is quite a spread on 4X,XXX ORBs between July 1942 and April 1943-- obviously entirely dependent on what box they came out of and which units gave them out faster.

But I have noted one a mere FIVE numbers off from yours that was bestowed on 30 April 1943...

which sounds like that is probably when this will turn out from, near enough.

Rick,

Thanks for the info!!! I can't wait :jumping:

DEFINITELY research! There is quite a spread on 4X,XXX ORBs between July 1942 and April 1943-- obviously entirely dependent on what box they came out of and which units gave them out faster.

But I have noted one a mere FIVE numbers off from yours that was bestowed on 30 April 1943...

which sounds like that is probably when this will turn out from, near enough.

It's interesting to hear this perspective as I've heard many a Soviet collector state that there's no "future" in damaged/repaired pieces. Since with what little I chased I tried very hard to stick with groups, to me anyway, it did not matter if a piece was damaged as long as it belonged to the soldier in question. It was his, he wore, he probably damaged it... so be it! A group is a group!