News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Great East Asia War Medal Replicas

JapanX

• Replies 166
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And of course these "framed"

Nice example ;)

Did those finally sell, or are they still stuck on YJA?

Remeber this "mysterious"? :whistle:

Hard to forget...... ;)

I recently saw the commemorative version of this with a gold mum. Here's another regular with a gold mum - do you think they were actually made this way? I think they were probably painted to sex them up to try to make more $$$$. :unsure:

Did those finally sell, or are they still stuck on YJA?

Stuck? Such rare piece of history?! :whistle:

I recently saw the commemorative version of this with a gold mum. Here's another regular with a gold mum - do you think they were actually made this way? I think they were probably painted to sex them up to try to make more $$$$. :unsure:

Well, this "sexing up" looks more or less professional to me (although I don't like the looks of "sexing up" of pink ribbon).

I am inclined to think that this is an "official" variation of "green ribbon" (influenced by 1928 Showa enthronement medal?).

Do you have this one in your collection?

Stuck? Such rare piece of history?! :whistle:

Well, this "sexing up" looks more or less professional to me (although I don't like the looks of "sexing up" of pink ribbon).

I am inclined to think that this is an "official" variation of "green ribbon" (influenced by 1928 Showa enthronement medal?).

Do you have this one in your collection?

Yep! This is one is in my collection. Has original paper box and cello-wrapper too. The gold does look well-done, so maybe there is something to your theory and it is not just sexing it up...??

I've shown this one before, but I'll put it up again for this thread, Imperial Guard "edition":

Edited by Dieter3

Yep! This is one is in my collection. Has original paper box and cello-wrapper too. The gold does look well-done, so maybe there is something to your theory and it is not just sexing it up...??

;)

I've shown this one before, but I'll put it up again for this thread, Imperial Guard "edition"

Yep.

Check out posts #90-92 in this thread :whistle:

Really nice piece man and cool new photos! :cheers:

Edited by JapanX

Aw, dang! I've been over this thread and just can't remember anything, like that you had already posted! I've got the memory of somebody twice my age. Early onset Alzheimers...... ;)

• 3 weeks later...