News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Combat Merit Medal to a Female Medic

Here is a really cool CSM to a female medic. The translation has her listed as a male... mistake or a guy with a girls name?

Award Card

Certificate B732849

1. Last name: Kuzmina
    2. Name and patrionymic: Nina Ivanovna
    3. Rank: Private
    4. Gender: Male
    5. Birthyear: 1924
    6. Birthplace: Grozny
    7. Party membership: n/a
    8. Education: elementary
    9. Nationality: Russian
    10. Time in Red Army: 10.1942-11.1944
    11. Place of service at awarding: Communicator – 59 Independent Rifle Brigade
    12. Place of work at present: Volkovka, temporarily unemployed
    13. Home address: Grozny Oblast, Volkovka, Shoseeinaya St. #7
    14. Awards:

DesignationSerial NumberAwarding Organization

Combat Service Medal226.00759 Indep. Rifle Bde dated 24.4.43

Verified by Volkovka Regional Military Commissariat Major Antonov on 10 January 1948

Unit Award Order

8. Regimental Medical Point Medic Nina Borisovna Kuzmin, who in combat on 22 January 1943 while under heavy enemy artillery fire, displayed bravery and self-sacrifice by carrying more than 30 wounded soldiers and commanders with their weapons.

b.1923, Comsomol member, Russian, inducted into the RKKA by the Kuibyshev RMC (Leningrad). Home of record: [trans: intentionally obscured]

Noel, thank you for taking and processing these photos for me... school keeps me busy and you do what would normally take me about 45 minutes to do.

Thanks Red! This award has a lot of pluses. It is early, to a medic, and a female. Also, because only the CSM is listed, it is a complete grouping- no missing awards. (I added the VoG for the image).

Ricky- I dont know about that.

Now if he would only let me mount these medals and display them. But oh No! They must live in little baggies, in boxes. grrrr...... :angry:

(Yes, I do know how to mount medals without damaging them or stressing them. I have all the tools. And a scanner so I can scan the booklets too. :banger: )