News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Dagger russian Empire

itaca

Hello,
    Today I want to share the pictures of this beautiful dagger,
    look at that beautiful badges,
    I think they are symbols of the nobles. I think 1800/1850 or so.
    Can you tell me anything? News about the wearer etc. ..
    What do you think?

Best reguards
    Ithaca

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I know the Serbian eagle isn't holding any regalia in it's talons. But it appears the the eagle on the dagger has a scepter and an orb (?).

It looks similar to an academy badge to me, maybe another country, Bulgaria, Romania?

I double checked the books and we don't have that kind of eagle in Serbia.

Edited by Rogi

Montenegro has used the coat of arms which is very similar to Russian. Utopis mentioned scepter and orb, Montenegrin eagle holds them. As far as I know Romanians used single-headed eagle and Bulgarians used lion. As we all know Albania also has two-headed eagle... Ithaca can you tell us what is that symbol on the shield of the eagle from the fourth picture?

Old and new Montenegrin coat of arms.
    http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_09_2013/post-7937-0-24200000-1379017628.pnghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_09_2013/post-7937-0-27623000-1379017729.png

Edited by paja

Hard to say with certainty ...
    3 The eagle in the picture, it seems that Byzantine empire.
    The symbol you see in the picture 4, is the lily: the heraldic symbol of France, but also of Florence to another ... In fact, the dagger has nothing to do with France.
    I do not think that has nothing to do montenegro also, I think, or Russia or Serbia ...
    Maybe it's a dagger of one of these two states, with other heraldic symbols of noble families.

This might be related to Montenegro. If you look at it this way, it might be the black mountains and the blue sea. Which is the historical description of the landscape of Montenegro.

Hello I really do not think that is the landscape of Montenegro ...

I think more to a head femmile or a symbol.

reguards