News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

As an endnote to a few posts... this was a group I was getting together in great anticipation to show it to Rick :-(

It arrived today in the mail, so here it is....

Graf Alexander Heinrich Leopold Günther von Reichenbach-Goschütz....

Not usually my collecting field, but cool all the same....

His 1870 EK2 as Portepeefähnrich....

Glenn dug up the following...

He retired first time round on 16 December 1899. The voluminous history of KR 7 states he served on the staff of the Kommandantur Berlin during the War and was promoted char. Oberstleutnant on 27.1.16. He is mistakenly shown in the Ehrenrangliste as being a retired officer from KR 8. He was the commander of the Truppensammelstelle Berlin.

Apart from the nobility connection; the simple 1870 EK2 document is spectacular in and of itself! Nice group Chris!

Indeed, I needed a other ranks EK doc for the book project and this one came up buy it now in Ebay for a reasonable price... then the seller said he had more docs... and offered them for a load of money..

I dont really collect "inter war" but wanted to keep the group together and figured "that will get rick jumping..." so I made a counter offer.

I am glad we have athers that apprecate it :-)

Amd am glad to have kept what was left of the group together.

I suppose the KDM for 1870 is missing and maybe some service award documents...

Glenn dug up the following...

He retired first time round on 16 December 1899. The voluminous history of KR 7 states he served on the staff of the Kommandantur Berlin during the War and was promoted char. Oberstleutnant on 27.1.16. He is mistakenly shown in the Ehrenrangliste as being a retired officer from KR 8. He was the commander of the Truppensammelstelle Berlin.

Not a mistake. He was transferred from KR 7 to KR 8 on 20 July 1898. The Ehrenrangliste seems to have a huge number of officers listed by the regiment they briefly served in just before retiring rather than the one they spent the majority of their career in.

The 1916 MWB says when he was given the Charakter as an Oberstleutnant, he was commander of the Sammelstelle I (Garde) in Berlin.

His Jubilee Medal is in the Anhalt list, though without a first name - just major in KR 7. Despite the two previous Anhalt awards, he did not get a Friedrichkreuz, on either the green-red or the green-white ribbon, during the war.