Military Passes and Soldbuch various

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last for tonight,

Pioneer and scaly? I did not realize that their bleeps were Engineers in the first war.

There is what is left of his SB as well as his BRD ausweiss.

Jock:)

Thats a nice one... he fought where I take my holidays... a Verdun Guy.... poor Prussian... he only gets an EK2....

Thats a nice one... he fought where I take my holidays... a Verdun Guy.... poor Prussian... he only gets an EK2....

But he got it quite fast only 11 months of service got him an EK2 and soon later a promotion to Gefreiter . Others had to wait for years ......

Thats a nice one, wounded in one day by artillery geschoss AND an infantry geschoss ? Hows that for luck!! and at Verdun!!!

On TOP of that, they were fighting right on Fort Douaumont when he was wounded...

... and no EK?

I have seen this many times, unless a young soldier had done something outstanding (and I don't know what qualified for that) he had to wait his turn in line for an EK. While some rear echelon Feldwebel that never seen a day at the front got his, simply because he had been mobilized since August 1914.

What do you think Chris?

Edited by Naxos