News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Good morning again gents! I just received this ribbon bar, and I'm wondering if someone can help me identify the third ribbon please? I know the first is for the EK2, I believe the second is for the Braunschweig KVKII, I'm not sure what the third is for. Thanks in advance!

Hi Jens!

Thanks for that mate, and thanks for that link, it was interesting, I wouldn't mind looking for some of those ribbon cards. Would you be able to tell me how a soldier would be able to get a KVKII from both Braunschweig and Lippe-Detmold please?

Just a minor point, Lippe Detmold's KVK is only one class. The pinback cross given out by Detmold has a different name (Kriegsehrenkreuz für heldenmütige Tat 1914), and is a separate award.

A soldier could get both crosses by being in born in one state and serving in the regiment of another. Or by being placed into a unit which had a mixture of troops from different states. It is more likely that the soldier is from Braunschweig because he has place that award before that of Lippe.

off topic but too great of an opportunity!!!!

BEWARE AQUAPHIBIANS!

STINGRAY PILOT............CAPTAIN TROY TEMPEST patrols GMIC

[some claim James Garner provided inspiration for the face]

Surface Agent X-2-0 reporting!!!