News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

please help identify military sign, badge and medal

Can't help you with the first two, but the third one looks to me like a school badge given to the rugby 1stXV or cricket 1stXI vice captain. I only ever made 4th squad as I hated both and played on the fields full of devil thorns. Happy days. Yeah right.

Could be the vice captain of the school as well I suppose.

Edited by Spasm

The first item has a bugle horn often associated with hunters or light infantry/chasseur regiments in the military and looks, perhaps, French or Belgian or Italian in style. The fittings are odd - perhaps meant to be sewn to a piece of clothing, with the hook to be used as a fastener?

No idea on the middle one. Any chance of a better shot so we can make out the letters and device?

I think Steve is spot on about number 3.

Peter

OK - so you were a captain of vice - why am I not surprised Paul........

Dodyory - you will probably be right that this is a cape fastener - we had something similar in the Met. Police.

I agree with Peter - probably French ..The strung bugle is used by Light Infantry Regts. - however, this does look more like a huntsman type.

The Maltese cross - I have no idea - doesn't appear to be British. Mervyn

Good call, Dave! I think that's exactly what it is. [thumbs up]

I am afraid 'MP OY' doesn't suggest anything in English to me, but that style of cross was used by many many European nations for various orders, decorations, medals and so on. Perhaps something Slavic?

Edited by peter monahan