News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

M95 Res. Off. Pickelhaube

It's been a while since I've posted a pickelhaube, but here's another one. Nothing fancy, but nevertheless one that I like. It's a model 95 for a Reserve Infanterie Officer with a black Haarbusch.

The helmet plate is without the bandeau, because the text is on the reserve cross, as it's supposed to be. It's made by the well known manufacturer Awes Marke and has size 57.

Adler 1

odei.jpg

5gvq.jpg

c3eb.jpg

pml1.jpg

qua0.jpg

r90b.jpg

h4vj.jpg

vn96.jpg

k8t9.jpg

Thank you for your kind replies gentlemen!

Who exactly wore the Haarbusch? Was it all units on special occasions?

Actually only 3 regiments wore the black Haarbusch in combination with the Prussian line eagle: Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 25, Füsilier-Regiment Nr. 80 andFüsilier-Regiment Nr. 86.

The Haarbusch was worn on parades and special occasions (wedding, funeral etc.).

Adler 1

Edited by Adler 1

It's made by the well known manufacturer Awes Marke and has size 57.

... just my size, I'll post you my address, Adler :)

Jokes aside, you have managed to find another exquisite item. Congratulations!

Edited by Trooper_D

Thanks for your comments gentlemen!

Ed, I never restore helmets, Always leave them in the "as found" condition. Of course it's not easy to find pickelhauben in this condition, but that also makes the hobby interesting of course...

Adler 1