News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Some Air Defense Badges

Impressive!!! I've never seen this arena of badges.

Doc

Thanks, Doc. I know there are others out there in this category. I just haven't been able to find them. For instance, if there's a second-level version of the large hanger, I speculate that there must be one of the small hanger. However, I have never come across or even heard of one to date. This was such an important and huge area of defense that there must be a lot of badges. I keep looking because, well, that's what we do.

Chuck

Guest Rick Research

Award Booklet:

[attachmentid=29294]

unfortunately the splendid cover in no way compensates for the cheap newsprint type paper inside, faded away and browned :(

[attachmentid=29296]

God knows what Sergeant Ivkov's branch/orgnization insignia represent, because I've never found a match!!!

[attachmentid=29297]

Front and back. NOT a match to the Award Booklet above. Note the serial number stamped on the screw nut:

[attachmentid=29298][attachmentid=29299]

Nice booklet Rick. I haven't seen one of these yet. Very nice indeed.

It sure is, Rick. I congratulate you on that find. I have a modest Osoaviakhim collection of my own, including a few booklets, but like Stogieman I have never even seen one of that type.

Chuck

• 7 years later...
    Guest Rick Research

September 2013 not to cross with your Georgian aviatrix, Chuck. Other than photos of these bages being worn in the 1930s, I have nothing. Still can't figure out what Sgt. Ivkov was--or when, since the ink is now illegible.2