News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Screwback badges of the flying LW

In my opinion, those badges should be treated as a variance

Again from my experience, 2 kinds of modifications: Factory and local (jeweller)

I believe only Juncker had the badges factory modified for:

- Observer

- Pilot

- PO

- Air gunner (even if I don't have one or know where there is one) I believe they existed.

Locally modified, well it touch the exotica side of militaria as there is no particular rule.

I would LOVE to see examples, especially an air gunner one

Hi Fran?ois,

For those of you who don't know my dear friend, Fran?ois.. An advanced Luftwaffe collector with a vast amount of knowledge and experience.

These very rare screwback examples are only a small part of his wonderful collection..

I'm hoping that he will allow us to see a few more Items... I can assure you that we will be in for a treat.

• 7 months later...

Francois,

Beautiful badges!! So tough to find as factory produced screwbacks! I've been looking for one for a long time.

Not factory produced but it's my only screwback. Assman RO 1st pattern in aluminum. Definately in the realm of repair/modification/'exotica', but I love it!

Cheers,

Steve