News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello.

Flakbadge to Luftwaffenhelfer L.W.Oberhelfer Juergen Grabhorn of 3./Flakscheinwerfer-Abt. 269 (o)

( 3.searchlight battery of 269 battalion ( stationary) signed by division commander of 8.Flakdivision, Gen.Major Schaller

To the same auxiliary helper a document of appreciation to have made it to the finals in the 1943 shooting competition of the Flakhelfer of the 8.Flakdivision, signed by the then division commander Gen.Lt. Wagner. I believe this to be a seldom encountered document.

This searchlight unit was deployed in homeland defense around Bremen.

Bernhard H. Holst

Edited by Bernhard H.Holst

I like the shooting award. It appears to be hand made and signed at the bottom right by an NCO? Could this be the case?

If so you won't find two the same!

Jock :)

Hello Jock.

You got a pair of good eyes, it actually says "Obgefr. Barath or Baroth". So he was the designer and received credit for a decently worked up document.

To me this document also points out a clever move by authorities by handing out these docs for good performance which led into the finals.

That would spur young fellows on even without being a winner.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Bernhard H. Holst