News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Thank you for your replies Adlerhorst.  If you have the time it would be nice to see some of your collection...

17 hours ago, Adlerhorst said:

If you've seen it in the new Hüsken, there are also those honour pins with Sängergau. But I never saw a simple membership pin with Sängergau !

Yes I have a couple of the Sängergau pins but at this time I cannot remember if they are honour version or not, when I get time I shall have a look.

Best regards

Don

On 12/10/2017 at 20:40, Adlerhorst said:

Hi Don !

If you've seen it in the new Hüsken, there are also those honour pins with Sängergau. But I never saw a simple membership pin with Sängergau !

Regards

I had time to dig through my images at the weekend.  I have the silver version....  I've also put it with the "bund" version to compare.

Don

File1525.jpg

File1526.jpg

File1524.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...
    On 10/12/2017 at 15:00, Adlerhorst said:

Hi !

I'm sure that it's a fake. The black enemal is not good and the needle could never been really fixed. I have more than 150 different in my collection.

Kind regards

Hi !

A very nice and rare pin also here in Germany. I don't know anybody else than you and me who got it.

Regards

Ghost from the past! I sold that one as a repro long ago, along with the rest of my TR collection. It was extensive... and lo! and behold "iron-clad/go to sleep on" pieces that had been vetted time and again turned out to be fakes. About 10% of the collection.

A lot of it was taken back by the dealers who sold it to me. Even some I'd had for ten years or more!

I did keep all 1000+ of the tinnies, though!

And the P38.

• 10 months later...
    • 3 weeks later...

Perfectly alright to bring back to life.  Thanks for showing your badges.. I'll show this stickpin Turnbund related but I don't know the specifics of the lettering.  Good Sunday  Robert   ATVA is the lettering and is unmarked on reverse.

scan0003.jpg

• 1 month later...
    On 28/10/2018 at 10:57, BURGERHAUS said:

Perfectly alright to bring back to life.  Thanks for showing your badges.. I'll show this stickpin Turnbund related but I don't know the specifics of the lettering.  Good Sunday  Robert   ATVA is the lettering and is unmarked on reverse.

scan0003.jpg

Robert, 
    Allgemeiner turnverein aachen, allgemeiner turnverein ansfelden, something similar?

--dj--Joe

• 5 years later...
    4 hours ago, Cambo said:

Hi D, yeah I didn't know that many existed Lol 

Everydays a learning day, 😁

Indeed it is. I’ve been collecting around 30 years & I’m still learning new things. It’s a great (if sometimes frustrating) hobby…

C,

There are some reference books out there. As I am sure Don will inform you. This forum is the best resource I know of. It can keep you reading and researching with much to see and learn.

Try this link for example.

So much more to see.

--dj--Joe

7 minutes ago, --dj--Joe said:

C,

There are some reference books out there. As I am sure Don will inform you. This forum is the best resource I know of. It can keep you reading and researching with much to see and learn.

Try this link for example.

So much more to see.

--dj--Joe

Hi Joe, thanks mate for the link , as you said plenty of great people out there to learn stuff from, hundreds of years experience between all the members, a treasure trove of information 

Cheers Cambo.

16 hours ago, Cambo said:

D, yeah, it is, as I've found out to my cost,

Is there any good books about collecting stickpins?

I can't say I've seen one on my book Searches 

There aren't any true reference books just for small badges. Various reference books but authors like David Littlejohn will sometimes cover small badges that fall under the subject that the book is about but you have to wade through lots of other info on uniforms etc to maybe find one paragraph on a badge. I do know a collector who is currently writing a book on small badges, but when it will be ready I do not know.

Hüsken published his last of what is really just a catalogue of small badges which is often used as a guide by collectors back in 2010. However, the entries are not always correct, the reverses of the badges/pin (sometimes the most important part in identification) are not shown & his price guides are way off (often too high or too low). And, there are known fakes shown as well...

As Joe says, you are probably better off sticking with forums as then hopefully you can get opinions from several sources.

Here is a scan of the cover & a sample page from the Hüsken catalogue if you are interested in it.  It's over 500 pages but will set you back about £50.

File0259.jpg

File0291.jpg

Hi Gents! I have read the whole thread with growing interest for those stickpins, I myself mainly collect german pins & stickpins, let me show one that is not in this thread, a nice Offiziersbund (ROB) prewar stickpin

Anstecknadel Offiziersbund (ROB) Pro Gloria et Patria 2.WK2.jpg

And a Offiziersbund (ROB) Frauengruppe also prewar IMO, thi is not a stickpin but same size...

Regards

Nacho

Offiziersbund (ROB) Frauengruppe 2.WK.jpg

Edited by Supernaut

4 hours ago, Scowen said:

There aren't any true reference books just for small badges. Various reference books but authors like David Littlejohn will sometimes cover small badges that fall under the subject that the book is about but you have to wade through lots of other info on uniforms etc to maybe find one paragraph on a badge. I do know a collector who is currently writing a book on small badges, but when it will be ready I do not know.

Hüsken published his last of what is really just a catalogue of small badges which is often used as a guide by collectors back in 2010. However, the entries are not always correct, the reverses of the badges/pin (sometimes the most important part in identification) are not shown & his price guides are way off (often too high or too low). And, there are known fakes shown as well...

As Joe says, you are probably better off sticking with forums as then hopefully you can get opinions from several sources.

Here is a scan of the cover & a sample page from the Hüsken catalogue if you are interested in it.  It's over 500 pages but will set you back about £50.

File0259.jpg

File0291.jpg

Hi D, thanks for pointing me in the right direction yet again, I've just tried to find a copy of this book, no luck on the normal suspects so I'll keep having a look, of course I'll be asking for help on the forum to identify good or bad memorabilia, so probably won't need the book anyway. But I'll keep an eye out.

I posted those bad stickpins back to the dealer today, so hopefully I'll be getting a refund soon

So thanks for that, it'll be more money for other stickpins in the near future 👍

Cheers for now, Cambo 👍

C, there is an older book (1983) that you might be able to locate a copy of. 

One People One Reich Enameled Organizational Badges Of Germany 1918-1945 By: J. R. Cone

--dj--Joe

Edited by --dj--Joe

15 hours ago, Supernaut said:

Hi Gents! I have read the whole thread with growing interest for those stickpins, I myself mainly collect german pins & stickpins, let me show one that is not in this thread, a nice Offiziersbund (ROB) prewar stickpin

And a Offiziersbund (ROB) Frauengruppe also prewar IMO, thi is not a stickpin but same size...

Regards

Nacho

Hi Nacho,

Nice pins, although not my area as they are pre TR.  Here is a similar piece that I have for Nationalverband Deutscher Offiziere Stickpin (NDO).  Again not my area of collecting so this one needs a new home.....

File1862.jpg

And here are my TR versions, pin back & stickpin.

File1865.jpg