News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I'm curious too. My first thought opening the topic about the one on the left was "it's fake" I'm familiar with the one on the right and have one in my collection. However, a quick Google search turned up a couple of the "eyelet" version for sale. So, now I'm not sure... Anxiously awaiting the experts to answer.

Edited by IrishGunner

Hello Lambert,

the first Picture Shows you an private ordered and made edition. If you are collecting original medals and orders use the second picture. The original medals have some marks at

the head side of the uniform must have a mark of the artist of development...you can find the letters R.M for Rudolf Mayer...and these ones are the originals. Try to buy an original silver 

medal.piece ..the others out of war material are looking bad and will never arrive an interesting Price in the future...

Hope I could support you  otherwise do not hazitate to contact me

best regards

Konstanz

Hello Lambert,

the first Picture Shows you an private ordered and made edition. If you are collecting original medals and orders use the second picture. The original medals have some marks at

the head side of the uniform must have a mark of the artist of development...you can find the letters R.M for Rudolf Mayer...and these ones are the originals. Try to buy an original silver 

medal.piece ..the others out of war material are looking bad and will never arrive an interesting Price in the future...

Hope I could support you  otherwise do not hazitate to contact me

best regards

Konstanz

Hello Konstanz!

Thank you for the information. I look exactly the medal made of silver. His comments on the details were accurate.

Thank you all for your comments, all help is welcome. :)

Best Regards

Lambert

• 2 weeks later...

The soldered suspension Bügel (bar) often came lose on this medal. One can find many being jeweler altered to a round suspension ring, either because the original suspension bar came off or at the owner's request to make it fit better with other awards on a medal-bar.

you can find the letters R.M for Rudolf Mayer...and these ones are the originals

Rudolf Mayer (1846-1916) was the principal medal designer for the mint of B.H. Mayer, Pforzheim the original supplier of this medal. The medal with the suspension ring (Spangestück) is from a different die and therefore does not have the RM initials.

Edited by bolewts58