News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Screwed with fake docs :-(

Its not the first time... documents arrive and I have soooo much going on it takes weeks, maybe even a few months before i really look at them.... 2 docs from a person on ebay called Zoblmaus.... both are fake... unfortunately 2 months passed before I looked.... No money back....f3.thumb.JPG.403562138d5df072741296e76d3f2.thumb.JPG.2c6b5dc3c70a33f493f2cfa0d63f1.thumb.JPG.6035d966f05f39e813fbd002b22

Ahhh, Chris....nothing worse.

Going on the colour of the Sellotape, I take it that these are pretty old fakes....or do you think  the fakers have stained the paper to make it look that way?  Either way....bloody &*&&%%$~# fakers!!

I do not collect paper items because I am aware how "easy" they can be faked!

Here is part of the collection of a good friend of mine who has over 500 different printing presses, probably the biggest private collection world wide.

I used to work for him and we empty many old printing stores, of all times, holding the original paper, ink stock's, letter caracters  and so on........

persen.jpg

Hi Guys...

I think paper is safer than many awards... the aging on these is not that great, the paper too thick, the 10th Division had 4 or so different documents over a period of 2.5 years ... this one was not around in 1916...

Both are not great prints of original documents... another thing that gives them away... many of the (thank god relatively few) fakers trip themself up on details (Which I prefer not to go into) and there are a number of real headscratchers in the entries on these docs.... if it walks like a duck... and talks like a duck....

Even with a printing press it is a difficult thing to fake... variations of WW1 EK docs usually turn up with long periods between them... if a printer makes 50 of the same doc... already when a 2nd or 3rd pop up on ebay, it will be seen as suspicious.... more dangerous are artisanel documents, like the fake Sturm documents for the 6th garde Regiment a few years ago... they were individually produced, lots of time and effort... but still tripped up in the details.... There were more fishy documents, I assume from the same maker including to Machine Gun units and to the 4th U-Boot Flottile, but they are a drop in the ocean and probably required more effort than they were worth...