News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Neat Paper Group to a Victory Parade Miner!

I'm betting that from the title, you can't quite figure out what this thread is about...

I just bought out a small collection and these docs were in the lot. After sorting all of these out of the other piles of documents, this became a neat group!

This group is to a senior Coal Miner by the name of Gorshkov (no relation to the Admiral, I don't think) Anyway, this guy was hooked-up politically and got to go to all sorts of neat things in Red Square and in the Kremlin. Without further ado, his stuff....

Next, some of his passes. These are some of the neater ones... passes for the 800 Years of Moscow parade, a day pass for the Kremlin, the 1 May 1945 parade on Red Square... There were many more, these were just some of my favorites...

Now, ready for the cool one? In 15 years of collecting Soviet militaria, this is the first one of these I have ever seen. I think this may be one of the rarest documents out there and most interesting...

Guest Rick Research

He did a LOT of traveling back and forth ABOVE ground for a coal minier!!!! :speechless1::rolleyes::cheeky:

But what an immaculately clean (another oddity, eh?) group--

no medals, all paper?

I betcha he was a COMMISSAR type and not a digger...

though his civil Orders (and a late 1941 Red Star tossed in for good measure-- evacuating vital equipment/demolition before the Germans arrived? I am sensing a Research Story there...) are

just awesomely amazing.

I congratulate you. That is the kind of group that most of us can only dream about. It has been a pleasure to discover how many people enjoy the old documents as much as I do. I hope you will share your research results with us.

I think it's a neat group, but it's not really my "thing". I hope no one is dissapointed, but I don't intend to research the group. I've got so many other things that are in my backlog for research that I just have neither the time nor funds to dedicate to a paper-only non-military group, even as neat as it is. As soon as I come back from TDY travel this weekend, it will be looking for a new home. :jumping:

Dave