News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Letter of condolence post war poss SS commander

Guys, 

This was in a pile of paper and I noticed that the Adolf stated  that Heinz was one of his Grüppenfuhrers?

Kevin, you are normally quite good at this sort of thing, any thoughts?

Regardless I like the fact that he has taken the time to write to the NOK to try and give some sort of closure even after the war.

m[ller.jpg

CCI15082015_0001.jpg

Kev,

Thanks for your time taken to resolve this soldiers fate.  Shame he was not recovered.

I doubt that the originator of the letter can be found as I suppose he would be too far down the food chain if Heinz was only a Sgt.

Thanks again.

Kev,

Thanks for your time taken to resolve this soldiers fate.  Shame he was not recovered.

I doubt that the originator of the letter can be found as I suppose he would be too far down the food chain if Heinz was only a Sgt.

Thanks again.

The way to attempt that is to contact the WASt and ask for the service details of Heinz as we know his date and place of birth (whether they would give that information out to non-next of kin is doubtful but they do sometimes do that). Then that could show the unit he was with when killed and then maybe try and find if the writer served as a officer in that unit. There is an Oberleutnant Adolf Müller who won the DKiG in 1943 and another Oberleutnant Adolf Müller who won the Ehrenblattspange in 1945 (assuming they are two different people).

• 2 weeks later...