News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Flyer Wilhelm Holters uniforms

• 1 month later...
    • 2 weeks later...

Andreas - thanks for posting the tailor label.  I prefer uniforms where labels and name tags are still intact, so this is always nice to see.  Too bad the name was torn out in this case.  Sometimes the removed section is sloppy or incomplete and there are enough clues remaining to offer a legitimate shot at identification.  Unfortunately in this case the name removal is a little more complete.  

Best regards,

Jason 

Jason,

Some people are doing it because they don't want associate theirs names with Third Reich items.

So, before giving or selling it, some are damaging the tag or sometimes the item itself to remove names on it.

Ron

On 1/9/2016 at 11:57, werner said:

Jason,

Some people are doing it because they don't want associate theirs names with Third Reich items.

So, before giving or selling it, some are damaging the tag or sometimes the item itself to remove names on it.

Ron

Hi Ron,

Yes, I realize that.  My point was that sometimes when names are removed, they are done less meticulously than intended.  Meaning surviving clues can sometimes lead to an ID regardless.

Best regards,

Jason

• 2 months later...