News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Excellence In Peoples Commissariat of Construction

Guest Rick Research

Eez because I can read them. :P This is the only matched document and badge pair I've ever seen, so note that Christmas Day 1945 serial number for any other badges out there!

To Comrade Moisei Yakovlevich Slavin for distinction in readiness among the engineer cadre of Leningrad Construction Institute.

Such a TINY badge (the extremely thick screw disk is of the diameter commonly found on small badges and is at the same scale as the badge itself :speechless1: ) for such MAJOR work, that would go on and on for decades!

And then one wonders...

did Comrade Slavin survive the Silent Purge, which slaughtered the Leningrad Party apparatus 1949-50, disposing quietly but en masse of all the "inconvenient witnesses" to wartime errors from Moscow?

That's an absolutely terrific find. I've never seen one of those badges in the wild. And with its document? Wow. May one ask how you came across such a treasure?

I love the old badges. I turned up my nose at so many narkomat badges when I first started collecting, and now I can't find any at all. I didn't appreciate badges when I started collecting. I guess they weren't sparkly enough. Now I favor them over most other collectibles.

Congratualtions.

Chuck

Thanks guys. It's probably not something I would have chased for, but it arrived unexpectantly from Alexei Merehzko (a shipping error)... once in hand though, it was pretty hard to pass up!

Not something I actively look for, but certainly very hard to resist these little matched sets!