News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1812/15 Coldstream Guards Napoleonic insignia.

Hello Gentlemen, first time user here at the GMIC forum, so here goes. I've recently acquired a framed grouping of 200 year old Napoleonic officer's insignia to the Coldstream Guards and would like your opinions on the value of such a grouping? The frame is on it's way to me so until I have it I can not access the insignia to inspect it or to see if it is named in some manner. I'm putting up the only 2 photos that I have at the moment, but I think that you folks should still be able ascertain an honest value. I see that Thomas Delmar had a similar early oval cross belt plate that sold for 1770 pounds sterling in 2010.Also a UK dealer has already offered me 4,000.00 Sterling on face value. It appears to me that this grouping has been in that frame for a VERY long time!Looking forward to your replies, Respectfully,Pat.

Coldstream Guards .jpg

Coldstream Guards 1812.jpg

• 1 year later...

I would say £5000.00 at least. From what i have seen on the internet over the years. I do check daily for Guards items to buy. I would say if they went missing how much would that lot cost to buy nowadays. ? Outstanding collection just a shame its to the Coldstream Guards !

Andy

Pat, could i be cheeky and ask that if you remove the items from the frame. Would it be possible for me to have some images of the items front and back.

Andy

That is a superb , and possibly unique, set. The only way you would know for sure what it's worth would be to put it into a good militaria auction. If a dealer offered you £4000 it's probably worth twice that!

Patrick

• 3 years later...

Hi there.

I have been looking for this sort of item for 40 year's.

I served with the 2nd Battalion Coldstream Guards for 5 year's.

My Battalion fought at the battle of Waterloo.

Can I buy this item please?

• 4 months later...