News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

7 place Frack bar non combatant research Dave!!

This is one of the 1st Frackbars as i began to collect non combatant´s decorations of Imperial Germany.

This beast is killing me.

I did a lot of research about it but i cannot ID the wearer till today.

I used Siekmann 17, Handbuch d. Deutschen Reiches 1918, the 1914 Ranklist and the Hof und Staatshandbuch 1918 and

also the Intendanturliste 1929

Only a few persons had the LDA 1. Klasse of Bayern - but no one had this combination.

What do we know about him?

No Centenarmedal - so he began his career after 1897 (Did bavarians got the Centenarmedal??)

He was a Bavarian higher official or military official, because he got the 1905 JM and the LDA 1 Bayern

He did not stay in Bavaria (i think so), because he did not earn the

Militärverdienstkreuz/Orden, the Heiliger Michael or the König Ludwig Kreuz (or may be he earned higher grades - Steckkreuze or Halsorden..)

The bar was made in 1917 or later (VK für Kriegshilfe) the IC on non combatant ribbon was only awarded till 1921.

He has the KO3 (Godet) and the RAO4 (Neuhaus & Sohn) so he must have been a member

of the Rats or Direktorenklasse, a Landrat, major or a Regierungspräsident.......

I don`t have the lippe rolls of the Kriegsverdienstkreuz am weissen Band.

Seems that he died bevor 1935, because of the missing Hindycross (or he did not like it...)

Now my question to all research gnomes - could you please help me or make a statement - what do you think about that bar?

SDC16201.JPG

I think there could be a good chance of finding this man, but I think some of your assumptions may be incorrect.

The Bavarian Jubilee Medal with LD1 is a very common combination in Bavarian senior medics, but surprisingly the RA4 and PK3 combination is not common at all.

Indeed in the 1914 Bavarian Militar Handbuch I can only find one amongst the medics Oberstabsarzt Johann Hausmann and I believe I have his bar, which is very similar to yours, except that the PK3 has been removed.

100_1155.JPG

My guy was still attached to the Bavarians so got the King Ludwig.

I believe your guy could well be a Medic in the Bavarian Army born around 1860 retired before the War, probably just after 1905, was either from Lippe or still a practising Medic there who did War work. Hence he got the Prussian Hilfdienst and Lippe and the EK2 on non combattant.

Very few Bavarians received the Prussian Centenary Medal.

He could well have died before 1934, hence no FEK.

Just my take on the bar, I will look into it later and check it out.

Regards

Pete

Nearly sure, that i got him. In the last 2 days , i`ve read  the HDR 1918 3 times. My eyes are still burning.

Simon, Königlich preussischer Geheimer Regierungs und Gewerberat bei der Regierung zu Düsseldorf Mitglied des Reichsgesundheitsamtes
    Eingesetzt bei der St. Ausstellung der Arbeiterwohlfart im Ressort des Reichswirtschaftsministeriums.

EK2w
    RAO4
    KO3
    Bay. LDA1
    Luitpoldmedaille
    Lippe KVK am weissen Band

Only the war aid cross is missing. But it`s possible that he got it after the HDR 1918 was printed. the WAC was awarded till

the mid of 1924. (~600000 awards)

I think i could be very happy :)

• 2 weeks later...
    On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 08:49, ixhs said:

Only the war aid cross is missing. But it`s possible that he got it after the HDR 1918 was printed. the WAC was awarded till

the mid of 1924. (~600000 awards)

I think i could be very happy :)

I think that is very logical.  Congratulations on your research!