News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A total Walter Mitty?

True story!  One of the [few] downsides of re-enacting WWI in the US is the percentage, admittedly small, of 'ex-military' types who fall into this category.  One we call 'Super Sergeant' has, by his own testimony, been decorated by the head of a special forces unit AND the Commandant of the Marine Corps and...  You get the idea. :(

• 1 month later...
    • 1 month later...

Not only that-he claimed to be the son of an SS Obergruppenfuehrer, was in the HJ/Volksturm in 1945 and then acted as a recruiting agent for Rhodesia-for which he was fined 3000 Marks ( see Der Spiegel)  in 1976- and he also  claimed to have served in the Legion!  He is still alive and lives not far from Chris  B. ( google him-he is not the Koblenz Notar who died in 2014 and also served in the Volksturm). 

Edited by Ulsterman

Hi,

apparently he has lived in the states for many years....

On a rhodesian group they confirmed he was in Rhodesia.... but in a home guard kind of unit. I assume he used his very probably fake USSF credentials and some possibly BS Legion credentials to get in the Rhodesian army....

I would guess his US Special Forces credentials are the easiest ones to disprove?

• 6 months later...