Hi David, I never figured this one out. A Bavarian making a Saxon "Fashion Statement!! I combed through my archives and could not come up with another Bavarian bar with the device. But this one was clearly made this way! One of those things we'll probably never figure out!

This is REALLY an exceptionally odd bar that David has found!

The only non-Saxon "stray" of this weird little miniature device that I've ever had fall into my paws is shown below, on an ALL minis bar with Oldenburg's Friedrich August Cross and the Turkish War Medal Star.

Occasionally non-Saxon single EK 2 ribbons show up with this device-- I have a 1919 photo from a Hamburg area private wearing one, probably in 1919.

But 99.9% of these seem to have been some sort of inexplicable Saxon "fashion statement." These were being worn DURING the war, which makes the non-regulation nature of the device all the stranger.

Contrary to repeated Bad Dealers rolleyes.gif assertions, the device does NOT indicate an EK1 worn on the ribbon bar. It is simply a completely unnecessary non-regulation "extra," as period photos show. SOME 1914 EK1 recipients wore it... but as an EK 2 embellishment only.

• 3 years later...

Not common at all, Charles! there were only 563 SMKs to Saxon officers, most with some affiliation to IR 133 somehow.

I've run through the letters A through G and the short list of suspects on your last bar is:

Bla?l, Dr Kuno-- Asssistenzarzt RIR 13

Bodsch, Kurt-- Lt dL GrenResRgt 100

Brandenstein, Wilhelm-- Lt dL RIR 133

Breyer, Fritz-- Lt IR 133

Buchner, Hans--Lt dR GrenResRgt 100

Conrad, Kurt-- Lt IR 133

Cramer von Clausbruch, Henning-- Lt GrenRes Rgt 100

D?nitz, Rudimann-- Lt dR RIR 133

von Falkenhausen, Hans-Joachim-- Lt GR 100

Fischer, Hans-- Oberlt dR RIR 133

Garbe, Wilhelm-- Lt dR RIR 133

so 11 for 7 letters-- probably about 35 or so possible "suspects" for that bar. :cheers:

Not common at all, Charles! there were only 563 SMKs to Saxon officers, most with some affiliation to IR 133 somehow.

I've run through the letters A through G and the short list of suspects on your last bar is:

Bla?l, Dr Kuno-- Asssistenzarzt RIR 13

Bodsch, Kurt-- Lt dL GrenResRgt 100

Brandenstein, Wilhelm-- Lt dL RIR 133

Breyer, Fritz-- Lt IR 133

Buchner, Hans--Lt dR GrenResRgt 100

Conrad, Kurt-- Lt IR 133

Cramer von Clausbruch, Henning-- Lt GrenRes Rgt 100

D?nitz, Rudimann-- Lt dR RIR 133

von Falkenhausen, Hans-Joachim-- Lt GR 100

Fischer, Hans-- Oberlt dR RIR 133

Garbe, Wilhelm-- Lt dR RIR 133

so 11 for 7 letters-- probably about 35 or so possible "suspects" for that bar. :cheers:

Oh really! Well then, I wonder if we'll ever be able to narrow it down to one man?

No-- but 3 dozen's better than 50,000! :catjava: Continuing along, here are all H through M--

H?drich, Franz-- Lt dR RIR 133

H?rtling, Kurt-- Oberlt dR IR 133

Hawraneck, Otto-- Lt dR RIR 133

Herbst, Arthur-- Lt dR LIR 133

Hinzelmann, Dr. Willy-- Assistenzarzt dR GrenResRgt 100

H?cker, Wilhelm-- Lt dR IR 392

K?stner, Hans-- Oberlt dR FAR 68

K?stner, Kurt-- Oberlt FAR 68

K?nig, Kurt-- Lt dR GR 100

Meinecke, Richard-- Lt dR RIR 133

von Metzsch-Reichenbach, Alexander-- Lt dR GrenResRgt 100

if you copy/paste these names and save them (I'm sure I'll be distracted and may forget what's already been done) eventually will have a Total List of suspects.

But what about those devices...

First one is Malta cross for a ribbon bar. How common it is? :unsure:

06032523a932bc_o.jpg

And the crown on the black ribbon???? What award it could be?

0603249574bba0_o.jpg

Edited by Noor

But what about those devices...

First one is Malta cross for a ribbon bar. How common it is? :unsure:

06032523a932bc_o.jpg

And the crown on the black ribbon???? What award it could be?

0603249574bba0_o.jpg

Those would be a lot more interesting if the rest of the bars were exposed/ :shame:

• 10 months later...

Sorry about the delay ccj :cheers:

Generaloberarzt a.D. von Schlacht

06032475e3508c_l.jpg

WOW!!!!! :love: That's an awesome bar... Whats the gold ribbon with the crown? Is it a Griffin Order????

I'm not familiar with some of the ribbons on this bar.

Edited by ccj

:Cat-Scratch:

Uhhhhh.... HELLO.

"Generaloberarzt a.D. von Schlacht" related to "General J?rgen Schmidt" by any chance?

You people in some sort of :unsure: aletrnative universe or something? :banger:

Prussian army? Nope

Bavarian army? Nope.

Saxon army? Nope.

W?rttemberg army? Nope.

Imperial navy? Nope.

Orders Almanac? Nope.

Orders lists? Nope.

No such person.

Again.

Ah.... you want to cite me Nice Things like, uh, Rank List editions and pages for these, uh "identifications?"

Obviously, the talented, skilled, and expert folks HERE with enormous period reference libraries able to cite where data comes from if not make actual scans of fragile books aren't as good as unsupported assertions plucked out of thin air someplace else.

Frankly, as a very very VERY good researcher, I am getting MORE than COMPLETELY fed up with off the walls utter nonsense obviously "Off-GMIC" so-called "research." Frankly, your

"alternative sources of information" SUCK.

But hey--if you're HAPPY being tossed names that have no supporting EVIDENCE, by all means keep on returning to the same trough. I've got better things to do with MY time, haven't I? :speechless: :beer:

Obviously, the talented, skilled, and expert folks HERE

That is suprise to me because I didn't toubt about the name....... that bar came from the gmic forum member :unsure: . Maybe he knows more and post his sourse here?

Cool down......... ;)

it is Generaloberarzt a.D. von Schlacht - in 1914 rank list still Stabsarzt Schlacht without the "von" in Infanterie Regiment von Alvensleben (6.Brandenburgisches) Nr.52

Can someone go over all the awards represented by the ribbon bar?

No, Heiko, it was NOT that plain old ordinary Schlacht.

As it happens he appears in the Triple Ernestine Duchies awards rolls--immediately removing THAT guy as a suspect. :catjava:

Why oh why do Daniel and I bother spending YEARS publishing award rolls? :banger: :speechless:

No, Heiko, it was NOT that plain old ordinary Schlacht.

As it happens he appears in the Triple Ernestine Duchies awards rolls--immediately removing THAT guy as a suspect. :catjava:

Why oh why do Daniel and I bother spending YEARS publishing award rolls? :banger::speechless:

Rick, I find it much easier to just pick a name. Saves time and money. :lol: